If you have been seeing a decrease in the number of views that you are getting and the number of followers you are getting on Instagram it is probably because you are posting at the wrong time. The best time to post on Instagram has recently changed and if you don’t update the time that you are posting, fewer people are going to see your content which means you are not going to be getting as many views, not going to get as many followers and you are not going to be able to take advantage of the organic reach. It is easier to grow on Instagram right now than it was earlier.
Now is the best time to grow on Instagram, as it is fully monetizable. You can get paid just for uploading reels, and as long as you are posting at the right time, you are going to see a massive increase in both the amount of use and the number of followers that you are getting on Instagram.
What does Instagram say about the best time to post?
The CEO of Instagram Adam Mosseri has said the following things:
- Know where your target audience is located
- Post before peak times
- There is no perfect time to post.
Does the time you post on Instagram matter?
Choosing the right times to post or publish your content is often said to maximize the reach and post engagement, which in turn helps in earning a great return for the marketing efforts. So, to think about the best time to post varies according to the industry, or the day of the week.
3 Best times to post
- The first best time to post is from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. You need to make sure that you are posting at the general best times to be posting. Posting somewhere within this time frame should give you a boost in reach, views and engagement. There are two reasons why this time frame is effective. The first is that it covers lunchtime. People who are on lunch break, and taking a breather from their daily duties will check their phones while they eat. The second reason is that a lot of people’s morning schedules are hectic.
- The second best time to be posting on Instagram is from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. This is going to be the time frame that people are leaving work or school. To find out the general best time to post, to make your post go viral, you need to look at the best time to post for your specific account. For this, you need to go into your analytics, see when your followers are online, and begin posting during the time slot where the majority of them are online. You need to wait at least an hour in between each post unless you are doing a story post.
- The next best time to post on Instagram is from 8 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. This is the time when we see a surge in app usage. You need to be posting at these times, for your followers’ time zones wherever they over-index, that is a time zone that you should be posting in when it comes to the best time to post specifically for your account.
Best time to post on Instagram according to the content
1. Instagram feed
Wednesday – 11 am
Friday – 10 am – 11 am
2. Reels and IGTV
Monday – 5 am
Thursday – 5 am
3. Instagram Live
Monday – Friday – 11 am or 7 pm – 9 pm
4. Instagram Stories
Monday – Friday – 11 am – 1 pm or late afternoon.
As per the research done on over 30,000 different accounts on Instagram, by Sproutsocial, which is a social media management and intelligence tool, here are the best times to post.
- Monday- 11am
- Tuesday- 10am- 1pm
- Wednesday – 10am -1pm
- Thursday- 10am-11am
- Friday- 10am-11am
The best days to post on Instagram are Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and the worst day to post is Sundays. Loading up reels should be avoided. Posting too much on the story or posting too much on the feed, should be avoided. It makes people ineligible to be able to see your content, which means your reach is going to decrease. You need to be waiting on your feed, for at least an hour in between each post. You should only be posting one to four times a day on Instagram.
Just because you are posting at the right time on Instagram doesn’t mean you are going to go viral. It doesn’t mean you are going to get more followers. It isn’t just the time you are posting, it is the hashtags that are used, the topic you are using, the length of your video, the sound that you are using, and all these other things that are going to combine to make your post go viral. The posting time is important, but it is not what makes or breaks the reel. Good quality content has great importance for it to perform well.