Creating an eCommerce Video Marketing Strategy for your products
Video marketing has changed a lot over the past couple of years. Not only do customers expect video, but there are additional benefits to live streaming and life selling. Video has always been an important part of the e-commerce space. Video allows getting a better picture of your product than just images. It gives them a sense of scale, color, and space.
To be effective with the video marketing strategy for a business, you need to be planning for multiple videos to use at different stages of the journey that your customers go through. Effective video marketing for a business is about using the right video at the right time, in the right way to move the right audience to take action. Video marketing can’t be all about the sale. There is a journey that people go on, to buy from you, and it is based on the psychology of how people buy. Here you need to understand the customer better.
The first goal for video in a marketing strategy is brand positioning. This is the process of aligning with people. It is all about getting an emotional connection, which is the idea of getting people to buy into your brand before you ask them to buy from you. Generally, the kinds of videos that work well here are storytelling ones. The power of storytelling to move people on an emotional level to take action is so critical. Taking people behind the scenes, taking them on a journey with you or your business, getting them to buy, or using concept films which can take a whole bunch of different styles. While looking at the brand story or client story you need to look at who the hero is, which is your customers. Here you become the guide or the mentor that comes alongside your customers to achieve a better outcome for them. When you are crafting these stories regardless of the platform, you need to lift your customers and tell stories that resonate with them. When people have made the right emotional connection to your brand or business, now the goal is social engagement. This is all about getting people to come on the journey with you. Then what needs to be considered is how we can get people to buy from us. When we come to the purchase end of the customer journey the goal is conversions. The goal here is to create content that is focused on sales. Sales focus content can take several different forms. Using personalized videos can help the audience to better connect with your brand. Livestreaming the sale can also help in driving sales.
Best practices for live streams for live selling products to get supercharged sales.
- Be sure to promote your live streams, so that customers and potential new customers know when and where to watch. You want to tell them the date and time, what platform to watch on, and what you’ll be talking about or selling. This can all be done in an image post or a quick selfie video posted across all of your social media channels.
- One of the best parts about live streaming is being able to interact with your customers in real-time. Being live allows you to build customer loyalty when you interact with your audience. You can answer their questions about your products live and even show comments on screen.
- Try to bring in remote guests.
Bring in satisfied customers, or influencers from all over the world to do live testimonials or further explain the stories about your products.
How to create an ECommerce video marketing strategy?
- Carry out some basic market research.
The purpose of this research is to find out exactly who your ideal customer is, and what problem your products solve for them. The goal here is to put ourselves into our potential customer’s shoes and experience the product like they would when they are seeing it for the very first time.
The three quickest and most effective ways to do this are:
- Analyse the psychographics and demographics of your audience on Facebook to find out exactly who they are.
- Go to your competitor’s Facebook ad library, and analyse their messaging.
- Read your own in your competitors’ customer reviews to see what the people are saying about yours and similar products.
In your competitor’s Facebook ad library, you can find out what type of Ads they are using and most importantly the messaging that they are using which will leave you clues as to their targeting. Sometimes this process can be long and painstaking. In this situation, adbox can be a game changer. This one consolidates a bunch of highly performing ads from all sorts of niches from agencies from all over the world.
- Customer reviews are important. This is where you can find out exactly why people are buying your products or similar products. And use this knowledge to write potent ad copy. The process here is quite simple. Head over to your competitor’s Facebook business page, or amazon page, and go through reviews. It might take you some time, but the goal here is to go through between 50 to 100 reviews, and we are looking for clues as to why people are buying this product. Simply copy what they are saying, and paste it in an organised fashion into your,r notes. Next we need to organize them into categories.
- Take the statements and create a visual sequence for everyone.
This part may vary from project to project. This is because there are always creative limitations that come with budget restrictions. You may have a budget, and hire a crew, or you could be a one-man band. Whatever your situation is, just know that, there are always creative solutions to budget restrictions.
- Add in titles
Don’t show more than three words at a time on the screen.